Features and Benefits
Incredibly compact and exceptionally rugged, the MOTOTRBO™ XiR E8600 / XiR E8608* portable two-way digital radio is the perfect solution for the professional on the move. This small, but powerful radio keeps you in touch with your workforce without weighing you down. It’s loaded with all the benefits of the latest digital technology – superb audio quality, amazing clarity, outstanding coverage, long-lasting battery life and more.
As part of Motorola’s MOTOTRBO family, the XiR E8600 / XiR E8608 offers the best in digital radio technology. Empowering your workers with integrated voice and data, the XiR E8600 / XiR E8608 allows them to share information wirelessly and instantly between devices. Integrated GPS enables location tracking of mobile work teams, helping improve personnel safety and operational efficiency. And this radio is not afraid of dust, dirt or water—it stands up to the harshest and most inhospitable conditions with exceptional durability.
Wherever you’re on the move, the slim, powerful and reliable XiR E8600 / XiR E8608 can always be right by your side.
* XiR E8600 (Non Bluetooth and GPS model) and XiR E8608 (Bluetooth and GPS model)
- BEST-IN-CLASS AUDIO – Loud front-facing speaker and Intelligent Audio feature automatically adjusts the radio volume according to the environment’s noise level.
- EMBEDDED BLUETOOTH AUDIO AND DATA – Embedded into the radio and enables connectivity with wireless accessories, including Motorola’s unique Operations Critical Wireless earpieces designed for rugged and reliable communications. Share real-time information easily by connecting radios to Bluetooth-enabled data devices.
- CAPACITY PLUS – Single-site digital trunking system that maximizes the capacity of your MOTOTRBO system. Use it to enable a high volume of voice and data communication for over a thousand users at a single site without adding new frequencies.
- LINKED CAPACITY PLUS – Linked Capacity Plus is an entry level, multi-site digital trunking system configuration for the MOTOTRBO platform. It leverages the high capacity of Capacity Plus, with the wide area coverage capabilities of IP Site Connect to keep your staff at various locations connected with an affordable high capacity, wide area trunking solution.
- ENHANCED PRIVACY – Built-in scrambling for increased security.
- TRANSMIT INTERRUPT – Enables a user to interrupt another radio conversation to deliver critical communication exactly when and where it’s needed.
- INTEGRATED GPS – Locate mobile work teams using integrated GPS.
- PRODUCTIVITY-ENHANCING DATA APPLICATIONS – Features the industry’s largest application developer program to enable a wide variety of customized applications including: location tracking, Bluetooth data, dispatch, telephony, man-down, IP67 – Powers through harsh environments and inhospitable conditions, including water, dust and dirt.
- IP SITE CONNECT – A digital solution that uses the internet to extend the voice and data capabilities of MOTOTRBO. Use it to link up to 15 sites for communication among geographically dispersed locations, to create wide area coverage or enhance coverage at a single site with physical barriers.
- RUGGED DESIGN – Tightly sealed against wind and dust, and submersible in up to one meter of water for 30 minutes (IP67).
- EMERGENCY BUTTON – Orange button on the top of the radio can be programmed to send an alert to a supervisor or dispatcher during an emergency situation.